This role is required to ensure that the college meets the responsibilities within the Equality Act 2010 and the regulations provided by the Joint Council for Qualifications by supporting the Learning Support Manager, Exams Access Assessor and Exams officer in their roles.
Bishop Burton College includes the Riseholme College campus and the postholder may be required to carry out duties at both campuses.
The following list of duties and responsibilities is not meant to be exclusive. It should be taken as an indicator of the type and level of activity expected of this post. The list does not represent either priorities or frequency of tasks and should be regularly updated by the post holder in consultation with and agreement of their line manager.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Collecting and co-ordinating the completion of referral paperwork for all students who are eligible for access arrangements.
2. Communicating with students, parents, previous educational establishments and academic teams in relation to existing or proposed access arrangements.
3. Liaise with the Exam Access Assessor to help to ensure that Joint Council for Qualifications (JCQ) deadlines are met.
4. Organising and managing student files ensuring required evidence is up-to-date, in preparation for inspection.
5. Develop and improve existing processes and systems relating to access arrangements.
6. Undertaking relevant administrative tasks including the use of Microsoft excel.
7. Undertake necessary training to ensure that JCQ regulations are adhered to.
8. Provide practical support in exams when requested.
9. Take part in all staff College events such as Lambing Sunday and Open Farm Sunday
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. All staff are in a position of trust and therefore have a responsibility to promote and safeguard the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults in accordance with the nature of this post. A Disclosure & Barring Service check is carried out for all relevant appointments.