£23,500 per annum DOE plus Food Allowance
40 hours per week, working 5 days over 7 days
25 days annual leave + Bank Holidays
Hartpury University and Hartpury College are among the UK’s leading specialist education providers in agriculture, animal, equine, sport and veterinary nursing. Located in Gloucestershire, Hartpury University and Hartpury College of Further Education sit side-by-side on a beautiful 360-hectare campus. We provide world-class facilities to almost 4,000 university and college-level students studying undergraduate and postgraduate degrees, A-levels and diplomas, as well as undertaking industry research. The University holds Teaching Excellence Framework Gold and has 98% graduate employability, whilst the College is rated Ofsted Outstanding in all areas. A passionate and innovative business culture and exceptional support networks make Hartpury an ideal career choice.
About the Role
This role will assist in underpinning the commercial utilization of these facilities, including events management and supporting effective income generation through facility hire and sponsorship. The position will also be responsible for the procurement of trade stands for our International events. All activity is and will continue to be linked to enhancing the student experience, through the provision of case studies, placement and volunteering opportunities.
· You will have excellent organisational and interpersonal skills, have a flexible approach, be computer literate and have experience in equine event management
· You will be part of a dedicated and highly motivated team delivering all levels of competition, including unaffiliated and affiliated, local, national and international dressage, show jumping and horse trials.
· As students are encouraged to gain valuable hands-on experience, this post will involve supervision of students.
· The University’s Equine Centre is also available for hire, and the successful candidate will assist clients in the delivery of their events.
What we Offer
· Wellbeing events and Employee Assistance Programme
· Local Government Pension Scheme
· Employee Discounts Scheme
· Onsite fitness facilities
· Support for continuous professional development
· Flexible working opportunities available
· 25 days annual leave entitlement plus bank holidays
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Sunday 29th November 2020
Interviews will be held Monday 7th December 2020
Hartpury values a diverse workforce and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.