£52,699 - £56,225 per annum
Depending on experience and qualifications
37 hours per week
Hartpury University and Hartpury College are among the UK’s leading specialist education providers in agriculture, animal, equine, sport and veterinary nursing. Located in Gloucestershire, Hartpury University and Hartpury College of Further Education sit side-by-side on a beautiful 360-hectare campus. We provide world-class facilities to almost 4,000 university and college-level students studying undergraduate and postgraduate degrees, A-levels and diplomas, as well as undertaking industry research. The University holds Teaching Excellence Framework Gold and has 98% graduate employability, whilst the College is rated Ofsted Outstanding in all areas. A passionate and innovative business culture and exceptional support networks make Hartpury an ideal career choice.
About the Role
· You will lead and develop the academic team in delivering outstanding higher education programmes, providing operational oversight and strategic vision aligned with industry and academic standards.
· You will ensure an integrated cross-faculty approach, prioritising the student experience.
· As an academic leader, you will enhance the student experience, facilitate research and research-informed teaching as well as advance our national and international reputation within animal and land sciences.
· Our expectations are high and we are looking for a proactive individual who works effectively in team situations and, as an outstanding practitioner, has a strong background in the university sector and an excellent understanding of the animal and land industries.
· You will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, alongside a commitment to excellence in teaching, learning and applied research, whilst demonstrating the ability to manage change effectively.
· You will either hold a teaching qualification or be willing to complete one within two years of appointment
· You will be highly motivated with a commitment to the highest quality of teaching and learning
· You will possess a higher degree in the relevant subject area, with PhD being desirable
· Supporting higher education programme delivery, you will be highly enthusiastic and professional
· Ideally, you will have postgraduate/industry experience within the subject field, with research practice being advantageous
What we Offer
· Wellbeing events and Employee Assistance Programme
· Teachers’ pension scheme
· Employee discounts scheme
· Support for continuous professional development
· 35 days annual leave entitlement plus bank holidays
For an informal discussion on this post please contact Rosie Scott-Ward (Pro Vice Chancellor) via PA Sam Baker on 01452 702356.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.
Click the button below to see full details and to apply online or telephone (01452) 702135 to request documents by post.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Sunday 28th June 2020
Interviews will be held on WC 13th July 2020
Hartpury values a diverse workforce and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.