Curriculum Technician in Beauty and Hairdressing
Part time – 18.75 hours per week – Work pattern TBC / some evenings required
Term Time Only – 37 weeks
£8,647 - £8,767 per annum – Depending on experience and qualifications.
Salary pro rata from £20,590 - £20,876
Based at the Welwyn Garden City Campus
Oaklands College are looking for industry-experienced candidates who want share and pass on their passion with our students! If you’re looking for a career change this could be a fantastic opportunity for you to move into an industry you are passionate about!
The successful candidate would be supporting students in the Hair and Beauty Salon. You will help support Lecturers in the delivery of practical workshop sessions and contribute to Health and Safety practises within the Classroom/Salon. In addition, you will prepare workspaces and equipment for Lecturer/student use. Maintaining the workshop/equipment, including maintaining stock and identifying suppliers.
You should have a strong commitment to high standards of classroom practice and experience, the ideal candidate will have a Level 2 qualification in Hair and Beauty and have experience within a Beauty Salon.
Closing Date: Sunday 8th August
Interview Date: To be confirmed
WHAT WE OFFER:
• Generous Salary
• The chance to train towards a teaching qualification / assessor qualification, paid by the College
• Automatic entry into the Local government pension Scheme.
• A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn.
• Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and development through mentorship and coaching.
• Free onsite parking.
• Subsidised onsite restaurant.
• A cycle scheme and discounted gym membership.
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and communities, and we particularly welcome applicants who are currently under represented in our workforce. This includes but is not limited to Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates and disabled candidates.