Full time (37 hours per week), 2 year fixed term contract with potential to extend.
Reaseheath College and University Centre Reaseheath (UCR) is one of the UK’s leading specialist land-based colleges based in Nantwich Cheshire. The University of Chester and UCR have a strong strategic partnership and both institutions are keen to work together to develop an Institute of Sustainability and Food Innovation (IOSFI). They are seeking an experienced Project Manager to lead this venture for a fixed term period. Employed by Reaseheath College the successful candidate will work flexibly and in partnership with both institutions and would be expected to work from either location when required.
The IOSFI aims to address a critical agenda in the region, wider hinterland and nationally. The IOSFI will link up existing activity across both UCR and the University including curriculum development (long and short programmes), research (allied to the curriculum and student experience), enhancement of the student experience (added value, facilities, research, stakeholder engagement and exposure) and strong alignment to careers and opportunities in these sectors. Engagement with Industry and key stakeholders such as the LEP, Local Authority and sector organisations will also be key.
Successful candidates will have a degree in a related discipline with proven project management skills. A well-developed understanding of business drivers, new technologies and sector understanding within the food, farming or environmental sciences sector is essential, coupled with strong financial and organisational skills. Self-motivated, able to work independently with excellent interpersonal and communication skills. If you are keen to help us to develop within this key business sector, we are waiting to hear from you.
Please note this role constitutes ‘regulated activity’ as defined by the Protection of Freedom Act 2012. The successful applicant will, therefore, be required to undertake an enhanced DBS with barred list of information prior to starting employment.
The project manager will work to develop the major joint project between the University of Chester and Reaseheath College to set up an Institute of Sustainability and Food Innovation. The project manager will help develop programmes of activity to deliver the outputs agreed. At the core of this role will be linking up all the existing activity between the two institutions, fostering and joining up new activities and ensuring engagement with and promotion to key stakeholders and wider audience in partnership with the Reaseheath Business Hub.
IOSFI is a major project between RH and UoC around a critical agenda in the region, wider hinterland and nationally. Areas of work are expected to include curriculum development (long and short programmes), research (allied to the curriculum and student experience), enhancement of the student experience (added value, facilities, research, stakeholder engagement and exposure) and strong alignment to careers and
opportunities in these sectors. Engagement with Industry and key stakeholders such as LEP, LA and sector organisations will be key also.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities of your Job Role
• Coordinate and develop effective partnership working and delivery frameworks between delivery
partners. Monitor the Service Level Agreement between delivery partners and ensure compliance so
that IOSFI is demonstrably progressed.
• Agree and establish the MoU, ToR, targets/KPI and mechanisms to drive the IOSFI forward
• Mapping and presenting the many existing and potential components of IOSFI to bring clarity and
understanding to a wide range of existing and potential stakeholders
• Engage with a wide range of existing and potential stakeholders to further the agreed targets of the
• Manage the IOSFI project to ensure that agreed targets, outcomes and outputs are met, on time and
on budget, to agreed auditable standards
• Co-ordinate the preparation, collation and reporting of outputs and outcome data, in accordance with
institution and funders if applicable reporting requirements
• Develop and manage project budgets and implementation to maintain expenditure on target
• Provide written and verbal reports to delivery partners and to senior management on project
progress, including project reviews, financial reports, business plans, Project Change Documents etc
• Procure goods and services for the project in compliance with procurement guidelines
• Oversee the development, administration and maintenance of the project`s client management
systems and the customer/stakeholder journey process
• Work with the team and delivery partners to develop and organise events and activities, lead on
setting up outreach events to promote the IOSFI through other networks