Salary: £50,062 - £54,710 (pro-rata if part-time)
An outstanding opportunity exists for an exceptional academic and inspirational leader to take up the role of Dean of Higher Education at University Centre Sparsholt (UCS).
UCS is a Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) Gold rated provider of Specialist Higher Education. UCS is an essential part of the wider Sparsholt College Group.
UCS aspires to appoint a new Dean to lead the higher education portfolio through the next exciting stage of its evolution. This role will be based at our beautiful Hampshire campus. As Dean, you will lead the development and implementation of UCS’s strategic academic management. You will report to the Deputy Principal, Academic Boards of Study, College Committees and our Higher Education Strategy Group and contribute to the overall success and effectiveness of the organisation as a member of the wider management team.
The new Dean will bring a record of accomplishment in scholarship and academic oversight. You will bring extensive academic leadership experience in the higher education sector and experience in developing and implementing best practice teaching methodologies and curriculum development. You will also be comfortable building relationships with key internal and external industry partners.
The appointment can be made on a full-time or substantial part-time basis of no less than 3 days per week. Please set out in your application your desired working arrangement.
To apply: please submit a written statement (maximum 4 sides) detailing your CV and a cover letter (maximum 2- sides) setting out specifically how you meet the requirements of the role. You should use font size 11pt.
An informal telephone conversation can be arranged by appointment with Suzanne Grant, Deputy Principal. In the first instance please email her PA at Julie.email@example.com to make arrangements.
Closing Date: 06 July 2020
Interview Dates: 22 & 24 July 2020
• Eligibility to join the Teachers’ Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme)
• Death benefit grant of 3 X salary if in the pension scheme
• Free on- site parking
• Car Care Scheme
• Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
• Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
• Flexible Working Policy
• Holiday entitlement of 35 days plus bank holidays
• Access to an Employee Assistance Scheme
• Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, fruit & vegetables, fish and game.
• Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications.
• Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices
There is a nursery on the Sparsholt campus operated by a commercial provider Apply now