£21,213 - £22,508 pro rata
22.5 hours per week, 38 weeks per year
Under the direction of the Dean of Higher Education and in liaison with the HE teaching team, HE specialist study support tutors, HE Wellbeing Co-ordinator and the residential team, you will be focusing upon student retention and success by providing regular review meetings to enable students to access all aspects of the curriculum and fulfil their potential. This role will involve supporting students following vocational degree programmes and will include personal development activities specific to their degree such as job search and post-graduate application procedures. The role is pivotal in contributing to University Centre Sparsholt meeting its Access and Participation Plan targets by ensuring that all students, irrespective of background, are successful in their Higher Education studies and progress into industry relevant employment.
As the role entails liaising with a range of stakeholders including students, and academic staff you will need excellent communication skills as well as the ability to co-ordinate your own work load, being able to prioritise and multi-task as required.
With the contractual hours of 22.5 hours per week for 38 weeks per year, the actual salary including holiday pay is £10,662 - £11,313 per annum.
Closing Date: 07 December 2020
• Eligibility to join a defined contribution pension scheme
• Free on-site parking
• Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
• Access to an employee assistance scheme
• On-site gym at the Sparsholt campus (membership £100 per annum)
• Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, fruit & vegetables, fish and game.
• Access to discounted hair treatments at the Andover campus
• Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications
• Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices
There is a nursery on the Sparsholt campus operated by a commercial provider.