£19,217 - £22,958 (dependent upon skills and qualifications)
The post holder will undertake practical instruction and assessment of groups of students and other trainees as required.
Candidates should be educated to at least Level 3 in a relevant qualification e.g. Pet Store Management. Candidates should be able to demonstrate significant professional experience working with domestic rodents (hamsters, rats, mice, gerbils), companion mammals (rabbits, guinea-pigs, ferrets, chinchillas), and exotic rodents (degus, harvest mice, dormice, jirds, sand rats etc.) as well as a real passion and enthusiasm for animals and helping all learners to reach their maximum potential. The post holder will hold an appropriate teaching qualification or be willing to attain one.
Closing Date: 17 May 2021
• Eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme)
• Death Benefit grant of 3 x salary if in the pension scheme
• Free on-site parking
• Car Share Scheme
• Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
• Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
• Holiday entitlement of 23 days (rising to 25 days after 5 years’ service) plus Public and Bank Holidays along with college closure days at Xmas.
• Ability to Purchase Additional Annual Leave via a salary sacrifice arrangement
• Access to an employee assistance scheme
• On-site gym at the Sparsholt campus (membership £100 per annum)
• Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, fruit & vegetables, fish and game
• Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications
• Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices
There is a nursery on the Sparsholt campus operated by a commercial provider