£18,840 - £22,508 (dependent upon qualifications)
This is an opportunity to join a well-resourced and successful team with a reputation for high quality training. This role will involve the delivery of training/instructing to our main-stream students and also to a range of short courses to industry and private clients.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of a level 3 qualification in arboriculture or forestry together with proven training experience and at least 3 years’ industry experience. The majority of short courses involve the preparation of candidates for NPTC competence-based tests in chainsaws, aerial rescue and climbing however, there are also a range of machinery-based courses covering: chippers, stump grinders, tractors and hedge trimmers.
Preferred candidates will possess NPTC competence qualifications in all the above areas but as a minimum any candidate must hold:
• chainsaw crosscut and maintenance
• small tree felling plus climbing
• aerial rescue
• aerial cutting of trees using free fall techniques
NPTC/Lantra assessor/trainer status would be welcomed.
This post is based at the Sparsholt campus
Closing Date: 04 January 2021
• Eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme)
• Death Benefit grant of 3 x salary if in the pension scheme
• Free on-site parking
• Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
• Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
• Holiday entitlement of 23 days (rising to 25 days after 5 years’ service) plus Public and Bank Holidays along with college closure days at Xmas.
• Ability to Purchase Additional Annual Leave via a salary sacrifice arrangement
• Access to an employee assistance scheme
• Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, fruit & vegetables, fish and game
• Access to discounted hair treatments at the Andover campus
• Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications
• Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices
There is a nursery on the Sparsholt campus operated by a commercial provider