£17,142 - £21,007 (dependent upon qualifications and experience)
Contributing to the maintenance and upkeep of the college grounds across both sites, the post holder will also work closely with teaching staff to provide practical support, technical instruction and supervision of students training in horticulture with a focus on machinery and plant maintenance and establishment. The successful candidate will be qualified in a relevant subject area with a good practical working knowledge of horticulture and a sound understanding of health and safety procedures.
The working pattern for this role is 7.30 am – 4.30 pm Monday to Thursday and 7.30 am – 4.00 pm on Friday.
This post is based at the Sparsholt campus.
Closing Date: 17 May 2021
• Eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme)
• Death Benefit grant of 3 x salary if in the pension scheme
• Free on-site parking
• Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
• Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
• Flexible Working Policy
• Holiday entitlement of 22/23 days (rising to 25 days after 5 years’ service) plus Public and Bank Holidays along with college closure days at Xmas.
• Ability to Purchase Additional Annual Leave via a salary sacrifice arrangement
• Access to an employee assistance scheme
• Free Library membership
• On-site gym at the Sparsholt campus (membership £100 per annum)
• Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, fruit & vegetables, fish and game.
• Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications
• Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices
There is a nursery on the Sparsholt campus operated by a commercial provider