£22,071 - £33,264 (dependent upon qualifications)
A Lecturer in Horticulture is required to teach theory and practical tasks to students studying on the Horticulture and Landscape Operative Standard at Level 2 and 3.
Ideally, you will have significant industrial experience of working in Horticulture/Landscaping and either hold, or be prepared to attain, a recognised teaching qualification.
Teaching subject areas may include: Amenity Horticulture, Hard Landscaping, Business Management, Plant and Soil Science, Propagation, Machinery and many more.
Applicants should have good all round horticultural and landscaping knowledge and must have a minimum of 3 years post qualification experience together with a Level 4 (or above) qualification and preferably substantial industry experience and teaching experience.
Use of machinery and relevant competence qualifications will be an advantage as will be assessing qualifications and experience with delivery of apprenticeships in horticulture and landscape operative standard.
The postholder will be working closely with the Apprenticeship Assessors, setting, and marking work on an e-portfolio platform. Preparing apprentices for End Point Assessment through the delivery of Mandatory and Optional units. The post holder will be required to have good IT skills.
This post is to be based at the Sparsholt campus.
Consideration will be given to applicants who prefer part-time hours.
Closing Date: 15 August 2022
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if sufficient applications are received.
• Eligibility to join the Teachers’ Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme)
• Death benefit grant of 3 X salary if in the pension scheme
• Free on- site parking
• Car Share Scheme
• Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
• Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
• Flexible Working Policy
• Holiday entitlement of 42 days plus bank holidays
• Access to an Employee Assistance Scheme
• On-site gym at the Sparsholt campus (membership £100 per year)
• Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, fruit & vegetables, fish, venison
• Access to discounted hair treatments at the Andover campus
• Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications.
• Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices
There is a nursery on the Sparsholt campus operated by a commercial provider