£20,950 - £32,241 (dependent upon qualifications and experience)
Full and Part-time applications considered
Sparsholt College is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and inspirational lecturer to join our Agriculture team. The post holder will join an experienced team and play a critical role in the successful delivery of the College’s further education programmes in Agriculture.
The role includes teaching, tutoring and assessment of learners in all aspects of the Agriculture curriculum in classroom and practical environments. The curriculum offer includes college-based agriculture programmes at Levels 1-3, agricultural engineering, and apprenticeship programmes in the livestock and crop sectors.
The successful candidate will possess the relevant professional qualifications and a recognised teaching qualification, or willingness to work towards achieving one. A desire to inspire young people to achieve their goals in the agriculture sector is essential.
The college’s farming estate totals 260 hectares which provide a real-work environment for training and skills development. Resources include a dairy and beef unit, a RSPCA and Farm Assured pig unit, two sheep herds and arable and forage cropping. The department has a tractor fleet, and machinery for practical fieldwork as well as for the agricultural engineering curriculum.
Learners utilise all resources to gain experience across all elements of livestock management and fieldwork operations, they also participate in farm duties which requires them to live in residences during the duty period. The post-holder will be responsible for building relationships with the Farm and Workshop teams and planning learning to ensure that learners engage fully with the resources throughout the academic and agricultural year.
The Agriculture department has an excellent reputation, student numbers are circa 200 and are growing year-on-year. Many of our learners choose to live in college residences during the period of study, and we have national and international learners on programme.
Full and part-time applications considered.
Suitable candidates should have the following:
- Level 3 or higher qualification in Landbased/Agriculture or similar
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in the Agriculture industry
- GCSE Grade C/4 or above in Maths and English or equivalent
- Ability to apply working knowledge of theory and practical to a teaching environment
- Commitment to continuous professional development
- Willingness to undertake level 5 teacher training if not already qualified
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work independently and within a team
- Ability to use Microsoft Office
- Well organised and able to work under pressure
- Recognised teaching qualification
- Previous teaching/training experience
- D1 minibus licence
- Previous assessing skills/qualifications
The college reserves the right to close this vacancy prior to the closing deadline if suitable applications are received.
This post is based at the Sparsholt campus.
Closing Date: 04 January 2021
• Eligibility to join the Teachers’ Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme)
• Death benefit grant of 3 X salary if in the pension scheme
• Free on- site parking
• Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
• Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
• Flexible Working Policy
• Holiday entitlement of 42 days plus bank holidays (pro-rated for part-time staff)
• Access to an Employee Assistance Scheme
• Free Library membership
• Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, fruit & vegetables, fish and game.
• Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications.
• Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices
There is a nursery on the Sparsholt campus operated by a commercial provider